Peppermint Chocolate Chunk Cookies
These rich, chunky chocolate cookies have just a hint of mint to refresh and delight your taste buds.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour 500 mL
- 1 cup cake flour 250 mL
- 1 tsp baking soda 5 mL
- 1/2 tsp sea salt 2 mL
- 1 cup canola oil 250 mL
- 1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar 375 mL
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract 10 mL
- 1/2 tsp peppermint extract 2 mL
- 12 oz semi-sweet chocolate cut into small chunks 350 g
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 °F (180 °C). Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
- 2. In medium bowl, whisk together flours, soda and salt. Set aside.
- 3. In large bowl, whisk vigorously canola oil, brown sugar, eggs, vanilla and peppermint extracts. Fold in flour mixture, mixing well. Fold in chocolate chunks.
- 4. Using an ice cream scoop, scoop dough onto prepared baking sheets. Press dough down firmly with palm of hand.
- 5. Bake until firm to touch, about 9 to 12 minutes. Cool on pan for 20 minutes; remove to rack to cool completely.
4 dozen cookies
|Total Fat||7 g|
|Saturated Fat||1.5 g|