Skillet Gnocchi with Butternut Squash and Kale Pesto
- Kale Pesto
- 2 cups chopped kale leaves 500 mL
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice 30 mL
- 2 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese 30 mL
- 1.5 Tbsp chopped walnuts 20 mL
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp canola oil 30 mL
- 1.5 cups frozen pre-cut (1-inch/2.5 cm cubes) butternut squash, thawed
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped 375 mL
- 1 package (16 oz/500g) prepared whole grain gnocchi
- 1 cup kale leaves, cut into fine strips 250 mL
- 1. To prepare pesto: In food processor, purée kale, lemon juice, Parmesan cheese, walnuts and garlic for 2 minutes until paste forms. While processing on low, drizzle in canola oil.
- 2. Warm large non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add pesto, butternut squash, red onion (reserve 2 Tbsp/30 mL for garnish) and sauté for 5 minutes. Add gnocchi and sauté another 5 minutes until thoroughly heated.
- 3. Top with kale strips and chopped red onion. Serve.
1 cup (250 mL) gnocchi
|Total Fat||8 g|
|Saturated Fat||1.5 g|
Arrabiata Pasta Sauce
Arrabiata means "angry style" in Italian and it's named as such due to the heat of the peppers. This simple, spicy sauce goes well with plain penne pasta.
Penne with Chickpeas, Spinach and Roasted Asparagus
This recipe is delicious warm or cold, and made for leftovers. The addition of chickpeas gives it some heft and canola oil blends all of the flavors nicely.
Roasted Veggies with Pasta and Feta
Theres been a resurgence of interest in the slow cooker and its being used for way more than stewed meals! In this recipe, vegetables are slow-roasted in their own juices and canola oil keeps them nice and tender. The addition of fresh herbs, beans and olives at the end rounds out the flavors!