Marinated Vegetables with Ginger
- 1/3 cup lemon juice 75 mL
- 3 Tbsp water 45 mL
- 3 Tbsp canola oil 45 mL
- 2 tsp chives 10 mL
- 2 tsp honey 10 mL
- 1 1/2 tsp ground ginger 7 mL
- 1/4 tsp salt 1 mL
- 1 (14 oz/ 398 mL) can artichoke hearts, drained and cut into halves
- 1 cup chopped carrots 250 mL
- 1/2 cup pearl onions 125 mL
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, cut into halves 125 mL
- 1 cup peas* 250 mL
- 1. Combine lemon juice, water, canola oil, chives, honey, ginger and salt in a screw top jar. Cover and shake. Set aside.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine artichoke hearts, carrots, pearl onion and tomatoes. Stir in marinade. Cover and marinade in the refrigerator for several hours or overnight, stirring occasionally. Drain vegetables and add peas before serving.
- *Note: frozen peas may be used, but should be thawed and drained before adding to the rest of the vegetables.
1/2 cup (125 mL)
|Total Fat||7 g|
|Saturated Fat||0.5 g|
Baked Acorn Squash with Cranberry Orange Sauce
Harvest the colors of fall in this pretty side dish. It is a great replacement for heavier dishes like green beans or sweet potato casserole.
High Roasted Onions
Not all vegetable oils are the same, canola oil provides more good fats and best nutritional balance than any other popular vegetable oil.