Black Bean and Edamame Avocado Salad
Edamame is a superstar legume! Just 1/2 cup (125 mL) of edamame punches up the fiber, protein and vitamin/mineral content of your diet.
- 1/2 of 15-oz (425 mL) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup fresh or thawed frozen shelled edamame 250 mL
- 1 medium yellow squash, diced
- 1 medium celery stalk, thinly sliced
- 2 Tbsp lime juice 30 mL
- 1 Tbsp canola oil 15 mL
- 1/2 tsp chopped fresh rosemary 2 mL
- 1/4 tsp salt 1 mL
- 1/4 tsp coarsely ground black pepper 1 mL
- 1 ripe medium avocado, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1. In medium bowl, combine all ingredients but avocado. Toss gently yet thoroughly until well coated.
- 2. Just before serving, add avocado and toss gently. Serve.
1/2 cup (125 mL)
|Total Fat||7 g|
|Saturated Fat||0.5 g|