Crispy Chickpeas and Pumpkin Seeds with Lime
Fuel your next exercise bout or begin your post-exercise recovery with this tasty, healthy snack that is rich in fiber and a good source of protein. Canola oil's neutral taste lets the lively flavors of smoked paprika and lime step to the fore. This crunchy snack is great tossed into green salads or soups, too.
- 2 cans (16 oz/455 mL) chickpeas, rinsed and well drained
- 2 Tbsp canola oil 30 mL
- 2 tsp smoked paprika 10 mL
- 1 tsp cumin 5 mL
- 1 tsp garlic powder 5 mL
- 1/2 cup hulled pumpkin seeds 125 mL
- 1/2 tsp salt 5 mL
- grated zest from 1 medium lime
- 1. Preheat oven to 425 °F (220 °C).
- 2. In medium bowl, combine chickpeas, canola oil, paprika, cumin and garlic powder. Toss until well coated. Spread mixture on large baking sheet in single layer. Bake 30 minutes or until beginning to brown. Stir every 10 minutes.
- 3. Sprinkle with pumpkin seeds, stir and bake 5 minutes more or until chickpeas are crispy, being careful not to burn them.
- 4. Remove from oven, toss with salt and lime zest. Let stand on baking sheet 30 to 45 minutes for crisp texture and peak flavors. When completely cooled, store in airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 days.
1/3 cup (75 mL)
|Total Fat||7 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
Banana Oatmeal Cookies
Classic oatmeal cookies get an update with sweet bananas and heart-healthy canola oil. Both ingredients add a creamy texture while keeping saturated fat to a minimum.
The classic Caprese Italian salad is in an easy-to-tote muffin form – think picnic! Juicy cherry tomatoes, creamy mozzarella and bright basil join flavorful forces with the mild taste of canola oil, producing a tender treat.