Asian Greens with Pork
- 3 Tbsp canola oil 45 mL
- 12 oz pork tenderloin, cut into 1/4 inch strips 350 g
- 1 Tbsp thinly sliced fresh ginger 15 mL
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 green onions, cut diagonally
- 14 oz mixed Chinese greens, cut into bite size pieces 400 g
- 2 Tbsp oyster sauce 30 mL
- 1 Tbsp light soy sauce 15 mL
- 1/2 tsp granulated sugar 2 mL
- 2 Tbsp lime juice 30 mL
- 1/4 tsp black pepper 1 mL
- 1 Tbsp corn starch (optional) 15 mL
- 2 Tbsp water (optional) 30 mL
- cooked short grain rice
- 1. In large non-stick skillet, heat canola oil over medium-high heat. Sauté pork strips until just cooked through, about 6-8 minutes. Remove from pan.
- 2. Add ginger and garlic and cook 30 seconds.
- 3. Add green onions and greens. Stir and continue to cook about 5 minutes, until vegetables are just cooked. Add oyster sauce, soy sauce, sugar, lime juice and pepper along with pork and heat through, about 2 minutes. Thicken with mixture of corn starch and water if desired.
- 4. Serve with rice.
generous 1 cup (250 mL)
|Total Fat||13 g|
|Saturated Fat||1.5 g|
Barra Vieja Beach Styled Shrimp
Cooking shrimp is fast and easy with the high heat tolerance of canola oil.