Chilled Roasted Yellow Pepper Soup
- 6 yellow peppers
- 1/4 cup canola oil 60 mL
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 jalapeño, cored and seeded
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh rosemary 15 mL
- 1 1/2 cups chicken or vegetable broth 375 mL
- 1/2 tsp brown sugar 2 mL
- 1/2 tsp salt 2 mL
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper 1 mL
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh chives 60 mL
- 1. Preheat oven to 400 °F (200 °C).
- 2. Roast peppers on baking sheet in oven. Turn peppers every 10 to 15 minutes until browned and wrinkled, about 60 minutes. Place peppers in plastic bag and cover with dishtowel. Let sit for 5 minutes. Remove seeds and skin from peppers.
- 3. In large saucepan, heat canola oil over medium heat. Add onion, jalapeño and rosemary. Cook, stirring frequently, until onion is golden brown. Add peppers, broth, sugar, salt, black pepper and two cups of water. Bring to a simmer, cover and reduce heat to low and cook for 5 minutes. Cool lightly and blend. Strain pureé into bowl and refrigerate, covered, at least 3 hours.
- 4. Once chilled, season pepper soup with salt and pepper. Serve in chilled bowls and garnished with chives.
1 cup (250 mL)
|Total Fat||11 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
Butternut Squash and Apple Soup with Wild Rice and Toasted Almonds
This tasty, autumn-inspired soup will make you look forward to the end of summer.
Classic Split Pea Soup
This timeless soup will have your guests green with envy over your culinary skills.