- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour or whole wheat flour or a combination 375 mL
- 3 Tbsp granulated sugar 45 mL
- 2 tsp baking powder 10 mL
- 1/2 tsp baking soda 2 mL
- 1/2 tsp salt 2 mL
- 1 cup milk 250 mL
- 2 large eggs
- 3 Tbsp canola oil (plus more for oiling the pan) 45 mL
- 1. Heat electric griddle to 325 °F (160 °C).
- 2. In medium bowl, sift flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt, in a medium bowl.
- 3. In separate bowl, whisk milk, eggs and canola oil.
- 4. Pour wet ingredients into the dry and stir until just combined. Do not over mix.
- 5. Oil electric griddle with canola oil. Pour 1/4 cup (60 mL) batter onto griddle to make pancakes. Cook about 1 1/2 minutes each side (depending on size).
- Topping Ideas: Blueberries, yogurt, saskatoons, chocolate chips, bananas, raisins, granola, walnuts, strawberries, peaches, whipped cream and maple syrup.
|Total Fat||4.5 g|
|Saturated Fat||0.5 g|
Cinnamon Oatmeal Pancakes
Oatmeal makes a great base for these hearty, chewy pancakes, which are lighter in texture than they sound. Kids always love pancakes and these are healthier than most with fiber and protein.
Oven Pancake with Sautéed Fruit & Berries
Variations of this dish are served in Austria, Germany and the U.S., where the Pennsylvania "Dutch" (who were German) are said to have introduced it. Traditionally made with apples or raisins, it gets a sunny lift with seasonal fruit and berries. Because it's a one-pan preparation, it's much easier than making individual pancakes or waffles for breakfast or brunch. Be sure to use a skillet with sloped sides rather than a straight-sided sauté pan so that the batter can glide up the sides as it puffs in the oven.
Whole Grain Apple Oven Pancake
This mouthwatering recipe makes serving pancakes to a crowd a cinch. The batter is simply poured in a skillet and baked into one big, golden brown, apple-filled pancake, eliminating the need to stand over a hot stove flipping flapjacks. Using canola oil, whole-grain flour and unpeeled apple gives you the best in taste and health.