Oven Pancake with Sautéed Fruit & Berries
- 3 Tbsp canola oil 45 mL
- 3 Tbsp packed light brown sugar, divided 45 mL
- 1/2 cup low-fat milk (1%) 125 mL
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour 125 mL
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 tsp baking powder 2 mL
- 1/2 tsp almond extract 2 mL
- 2 firm-ripe peaches, nectarines, pears or apples, cut into 1-inch chunks (about 2 cups/10 oz)
- 4 oz raspberries, blackberries or halved hulled strawberries 125 g
- Powdered sugar or maple syrup
- 1. Position rack in middle of oven and preheat to 400 °F (200 °C).
- 2. In an ovenproof 10-inch skillet, warm oil over medium-high heat. Tilt pan to coat bottom and sides with oil, then stir in peaches, nectarines, pears or apples. Sauté about 30 seconds until fruit is glistening, then stir in 2 Tbsp (30 mL) of the brown sugar and sauté until sugar melts and fruit looks glossy, about 2 minutes. Turn off heat under pan.
- 3. In blender, whirl milk, flour, eggs, remaining 1 Tbsp (15 mL) of brown sugar, baking powder and almond extract until blended.
- 4. In pan, immediately pour egg mixture over fruit. Scatter berries on top of batter and place pan in oven. Bake until puffed and golden, 20 to 25 minutes. Remove from oven and cut into wedges. Dust with powdered sugar or drizzle with maple syrup as desired.
|Total Fat||9 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
Cinnamon Oatmeal Pancakes
Oatmeal makes a great base for these hearty, chewy pancakes, which are lighter in texture than they sound. Kids always love pancakes and these are healthier than most with fiber and protein.
These homemade pancakes are so light and fluffy. Make them for brunch or even for supper as a special treat! Serve with maple syrup or experiment with other toppings.
Whole Grain Apple Oven Pancake
This mouthwatering recipe makes serving pancakes to a crowd a cinch. The batter is simply poured in a skillet and baked into one big, golden brown, apple-filled pancake, eliminating the need to stand over a hot stove flipping flapjacks. Using canola oil, whole-grain flour and unpeeled apple gives you the best in taste and health.