Greek Style Pocket Sandwiches
- 3 Tbsp canola oil 45 mL
- 1 Tbsp prepared mustard 15 mL
- 1/2 cup lemon juice 125 mL
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp dried oregano 5 mL
- 1 lb boneless pork loin, well trimmed and cut into strips 500 g
- 1 cup low fat yogurt 250 mL
- 1 cup cucumber, peeled and chopped 250 mL
- 1/2 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/2 tsp dried dill 2 mL
- 2 whole wheat pita breads, halved
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1. In a small bowl, combine canola oil, mustard, lemon juice, garlic and oregano. Pour over pork strips. Cover and refrigerate 1 to 8 hours.
- 2. In another bowl, combine yogurt, cucumber, second amount of garlic and dill; cover and refrigerate.
- 3. Drain marinade from pork strips, removing as much marinade from meat as possible (use a strainer or colander). Heat oven to 450 °F (230 °C). Place strips in a shallow pan in the oven for 10 to 12 minutes, or until lightly browned. Remove meat from pan with a slotted spoon and place in pita halves. Top each with a generous spoonful of yogurt mixture and some sliced red onion.
|Total Fat||10 g|
|Saturated Fat||3 g|