Honey Peanut Butter And Chocolate Popcorn
- 3 Tbsp canola oil 45 mL
- 1/2 cup popcorn kernels 125 mL
- 1 cup granulated sugar 250 mL
- 1/2 cup honey 125 mL
- 1 cup light peanut butter 250 mL
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract 15 mL
- 2/3 cup dried cranberries 150 mL
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet mini chocolate chips 125 mL
- 1 Tbsp hazelnut chocolate spread 15 mL
- 1. In 4 qt pot, pour canola oil. Add popcorn, cover with lid left slightly ajar to allow steam to escape. Place pot over high heat. Cook popcorn until popping sounds slow. Remove from heat. Pour into large bowl.
- 2. In large microwavable bowl, combine sugar, honey and peanut butter. Stir ingredients together. Microwave on high power for 1 minute. Stir ingredients, and microwave 1 to 1 1/2 minutes more. Stir in vanilla. Pour over popcorn and mix well. Press popcorn mixture into lightly oiled 9 x 13 inch (22 x 34 cm) pan. Press dried cranberries into mixture. Melt chocolate chips in microwave, on high power, about 1 minute. Stir to finish melting chips. Stir in hazelnut spread. Drizzle chocolate mixture over popcorn mixture and refrigerate to harden chocolate. Cut into squares to serve.
- *Note: Popcorn can be popped in hot air popper.
|Total Fat||7 g|
|Saturated Fat||1.5 g|
This honey syrup-glazed baklava is a sweet, nutty treat that’s simple to assemble. Brushing the layers of phyllo with canola oil instead of butter yields a light and flaky result with much less saturated fat. See the recipe video below.
Sinful Bliss Cupcakes with Sweetened Whipped Cream Frosting
Devil's food chocolate cupcakes are topped with a light and fluffy frosting. Canola oil in the cake batter keeps them tender.