Layered Spinach and Quinoa Salad
- 3/4 cup plain Greek yogurt 175 mL
- 2 Tbsp canola oil 30 mL
- 4 Tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice 4 Tbsp
- 1 Tbsp granulated sugar 15 mL
- 1/2 tsp salt 2 mL
- 4 cups chopped fresh spinach 1L
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion 125 mL
- 2 cups cooked quinoa or whole grain of your choice 500 mL
- 2 cups chopped tomatoes 500 mL
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese 175 mL
- 1/4 cup toasted pumpkin seeds 60 mL
- For dressing: In glass jar or container with lid, shake together yogurt, canola oil, lemon juice, sugar and salt.
- 1. In large bowl, toss spinach with 3 tablespoons of dressing and spoon into bottom of clear serving bowl. Sprinkle onions on top to form second layer of salad.
- 2. In large bowl, combine quinoa with 3 tablespoons of dressing and spoon atop onion layer. Sprinkle tomatoes, feta and pumpkin seeds on top and drizzle with remaining dressing. Serve immediately.
1 cup (250 mL)
|Total Fat||17 g|
|Saturated Fat||6 g|
Lemon Cucumber Quinoa
The crunch of cucumber meets hearty quinoa in this bright, light dish that makes for a satisfying meal or side dish on-the-go. Canola oil carries the flavors of the salad while adding a healthy dose of plant-based omega-3 fat.
Quinoa and Browned Onion Salad with Apples
If you've never had browned onions in a salad, this is the time to try it. Sautéed in mild-tasting canola oil, the onions are sweet and nutty and bring out the flavor of the pecans.