Mustard Chicken Breast
- 1 tbsp canola oil 15 mL
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped thinly
- 3 Tbsp onions in small cubes 45 mL
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into cubes
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice 15 mL
- 3 Tbsp orange juice 45 mL
- 6 tsp Dijon mustard 90 mL
- 1 tsp ground black pepper 5 mL
- ½ tsp thyme 2 mL
- ½ tsp paprika 2 mL
- ½ Tbsp orange zest 7 mL
- 1. Heat canola oil in a small pan and saute garlic and onion until they begin to brown. Add chicken and cook over medium heat. Set chicken aside.
- 2. In the same pan add lemon and orange juice, mustard, pepper, thyme and paprika. Mix and reduce until the sauce thickens. Return chicken to the pan and heat for a few minutes.
- 3. Before serving, sprinkle with orange zest.
1/3 cup (75 mL)
|Total Fat||3 g|
|Saturated Fat||0.5 g|
Wild Rice and Mushroom Pilaf
Health professionals recommend increasing the intake of omega 3 fatty acids from foods such as salmon, trout, walnuts and canola oil.
A spicy vegetarian dish made healthier with the use of canola oil, which has the least saturated fat of all common cooking oils. If you like your food spicier, add red pepper flakes.