Oven Fried Potato Chips
- canola cooking spray
- 1 lb red potatoes, washed well (about 3 medium potatoes) 500g
- 1 1/2 Tbsp canola oil 20 mL
- 1/2 tsp salt 2 mL
- 2 tsp your choice of herb blend 10 mL
- 1. Preheat the oven to 425 °F (220 °C). Line baking sheet with foil and coat with canola cooking spray (for easier cleanup).
- 2. Using a large, sharp, non-serrated knife, cut the potatoes into very thin slices, about 1/8 inch (0.3 mm).
- 3. Place the potato slices and canola oil in large resealable bag; seal the bag and toss to coat well.
- 4. Open bag and spread the potato slices evenly on the prepared pan. Sprinkle with salt and herbs, if desired.
- 5. Bake for about 15 minutes, then flip with spatula and bake for another 10-15 minutes or until golden brown.
|Total Fat||3.5 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
Cheddar Parmesan Poutine
These French fries are a playful spin on a Quebecois favorite - lightened up with canola oil. Traditionally made with cheese curds, poutine in this recipe features cheddar and Parmesan instead for sharper flavors.
Chili Spiked Potatoes in Phyllo Cups
This is a wonderfully easy way to bring home the concept of samosas (India's signature appetizer of pastry shells filled with seasoned potatoes and peas) into our harried western kitchens without the labour of making your own pastry shell. The phyllo cups offer not only an elegant presentation, but also an airily crispy contrast to the minty potatoes and peas.