Roasted Butternut Squash Salad with Chile Vinaigrette
- Roasted Butternut Squash
- 1 (2 lb/1 kg) butternut squash, peeled and cubed
- 1/2 cup sliced red onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tsp thyme 5 mL
- 1 tsp marjoram 5 mL
- 2 tsp salt 10 mL
- 1 tsp ground black pepper 5 mL
- 1 tsp cinnamon 5 mL
- 1 Tbsp canola oil 15 mL
- 1/3 cup canola oil 75 ml
- 3 Tbsp balsamic vinegar 45 mL
- 1 tsp salt 5 mL
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper 2 mL
- 1 tsp granulated sugar 5 mL
- 1 chipotle chile, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup roasted pumpkin seeds 60 mL
- 1/3 cup sliced red onion 75 mL
- 4 cups mixed greens 1 L
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 °F (180 °C).
- 2. In bowl, combine butternut squash with seasonings and canola oil. Stir to combine. Spread evenly on parchment-lined baking sheet. Roast for 30 minutes or until squash is fork tender. Remove from oven and cool.
- 3. To prepare vinaigrette: In bowl, whisk together all ingredients.
- 4. To serve: In large bowl, combine vinaigrette with roasted squash, pumpkin seeds, onion and mixed greens. Serve.
1 cup (250 mL)
|Total Fat||14 g|
|Saturated Fat||1.5 g|
Crispy Chickpeas and Pumpkin Seeds with Lime
Fuel your next exercise bout or begin your post-exercise recovery with this tasty snack that is rich in fiber and a good source of protein. Canola oil's neutral taste lets the lively flavors of smoked paprika and lime step to the fore. This crunchy snack is great tossed into green salads or soups, too.
Crunchy Wild Rice Salad with Blackberry Dressing
Prepare the wild rice up to 2 days in advance to make quick work of this gorgeous salad. A perfect accompaniment to any grilled or roasted meat, also a lovely side in a packed lunch. Serve warm or cold.