Saskatoon Berry Vinaigrette
- 3/4 cup red wine vinegar 175 mL
- 3/4 cup Saskatoon berries 175 mL
- 2 Tbsp borage honey 30 mL
- 1 cup canola oil 250 mL
- 1 tsp fresh thyme, chopped 5 mL
- 1/4 tsp salt 1 mL
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper 1 mL
- 1. Place berries, vinegar and honey in a saucepan. Bring to a boil and then simmer for 4 minutes to soften berries.
- 2. Puree with canola oil, thyme, salt and pepper. Do not crush up all berries, leave some whole for texture. Cool and enjoy. Blueberries can be substituted for Saskatoon berries.
1 cup (250 mL)
1 Tbsp (15 mL)
Per 1 Tbsp (15 mL)
|Total Fat||14 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|