- canola cooking spray
- 1 cup all purpose flour 250 mL
- 2/3 cup cornmeal 150 mL
- 1 Tbsp granulated sugar 15 mL
- 2 tsp baking powder 10 mL
- 1/4 tsp each salt and pepper 1 mL
- 2/3 cup skim milk 150 mL
- 1 (12 oz/341 mL) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 (4.5 oz/113g) can shopped green chilies
- 2 Tbsp red pepper, chopped finely 30 mL
- 1 tsp onion powder 5 mL
- 2 Tbsp canola oil 30 mL
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1. Preheat oven to 400 °F (200 °C).
- 2. Spay oven-proof skillet with canola oil cooking spray and place in oven to heat.
- 3. Combine flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, salt and pepper. Make a well in the center of mixture.
- 4. Combine milk and remaining ingredients. Add to dry ingredients, stirring until just moistened. Pour batter into hot skillet. Bake for 25 minutes or until golden.
10 pie shaped pieces
|Total Fat||4 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
Chili Con Carne
This is a hearty dish that works great with a side of cornbread. Add some shredded cheddar on top for more flavor!
Cornbread and Dried Fruit Dressing
This colorful dressing has layers of flavor that make a delicious side dish on its own as well as part of the Turkey Roulade.