Super Sweet Potato Salad
- 3 large sweet potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1 large Granny Smith apple, cut into cubes
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries 125 mL
- 1/4 cup pecans, toasted and coarsely chopped 60 mL
- 3 Tbsp apple cider vinegar or red wine vinegar 45 mL
- 2 Tbsp orange juice 30 mL
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup 30 mL
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard 5 mL
- 3/4 tsp salt 4 mL
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon 2 mL
- 2 Tbsp canola oil 30 mL
- 1. Place sweet potatoes in large saucepan. Add enough water to cover. Cover saucepan and bring water to a boil. Reduce heat and cook, at a low boil until tender, about 10 minutes. Drain, transfer to large bowl and allow to cool, 5 to 10 minutes.
- 2. While sweet potatoes are cooling, make dressing by whisking together vinegar, orange juice, maple syrup, mustard, salt and cinnamon in a bowl. Slowly whisk in canola oil until well blended. Set aside.
- 3. To assemble salad, add apple, cranberries, and pecans to sweet potatoes. Drizzle dressing over sweet potato mixture and toss gently. Serve warm or chilled.
1/2 cup (125 mL)
|Total Fat||5 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
Cheddar Parmesan Poutine
These French fries are a playful spin on a Quebecois favorite - lightened up with canola oil. Traditionally made with cheese curds, poutine in this recipe features cheddar and Parmesan instead for sharper flavors.
Chili Spiked Potatoes in Phyllo Cups
This is a wonderfully easy way to bring home the concept of samosas (India's signature appetizer of pastry shells filled with seasoned potatoes and peas) into our harried western kitchens without the labour of making your own pastry shell. The phyllo cups offer not only an elegant presentation, but also an airily crispy contrast to the minty potatoes and peas.