Tomatillo, Bean and Chicken Chili
- 2 Tbsp canola oil 30 mL
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 chicken breasts, cubed into bite size pieces
- 8 tomatillos, husked and finely chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely diced
- 1 Tbsp lime juice 15 mL
- 1 tsp ground coriander 5 mL
- 1 tsp ground cumin 5 mL
- 1 Tbsp chili powder 15 mL
- 1/2 tsp salt 2 mL
- 1/4 tsp pepper 1 mL
- 2 cups chicken broth 500 mL
- 2 cans (19 oz/540 mL) cannellini beans
- 2 Tbsp freshly chopped cilantro 30 mL
- Cilantro for garnish
- 1. Pour canola oil into large saucepan. Sauté onion and garlic over low heat for 1-2 minutes. Add chicken and continue to cook until chicken is lightly browned, about 4-5 minutes.
- 2. Combine tomatillos, jalapeno, lime juice, coriander, cumin, chili powder, salt, pepper, chicken broth, beans and chopped cilantro with chicken. Mix well, cover saucepan and cook over medium-low heat for 25-30 minutes, until mixture has thickened.
- 3. Garnish with cilantro and serve.
1 cup (250 mL)
|Total Fat||7 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|