Walnut and Flax Carrot Cookies
- 1/2 cup canola oil 125 mL
- 2/3 cup brown sugar, lightly packed 150 mL
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract 5 mL
- 3/4 cup whole-wheat or all-purpose gluten-free flour 175 mL
- 3/4 cup rolled oats 175 mL
- 1/4 cup ground flaxseed 60 mL
- 1/2 cup chopped toasted walnuts 125 mL
- 2 tsp cinnamon 10 mL
- 1/4 tsp baking soda 1 mL
- 1 cup finely grated carrots, packed 250 mL
- 1. Preheat oven to 350ᵒF (180ᵒC). Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- 2. In mixing bowl, beat together canola oil, sugar, egg, and vanilla.
- 3. In separate bowl, toss together flour, oats, flaxseed, walnuts, cinnamon, and baking soda.
- 4. Add dry ingredients and carrots to the wet ingredients and stir well by hand to combine.
- 5. Scoop tablespoon-sized portions and place on cookie sheet, about 2 in. (5-cm) apart. Bake for 13–15 minutes.
|Total Fat||7 g|
|Saturated Fat||0.5 g|