- 1/4 cup baking soda 60 mL
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch 30 mL
- 1 1/2 Tbsp canola oil 20 mL
- 2 drops food coloring, if desired
- 2 Tbsp citric acid 30 mL
- 1/4 tsp essential oil of your choice 1 mL
- Light mist of water
- Mold for shaping bombs
- 1. Mix baking soda and cornstarch together. Add canola oil, food coloring and essential oil.
- 2. Using a water mister, mist the mixture lightly one time. Mix well until there are no lumps and the color is well-blended.
- 3. Add citric acid. Heap as much of mixture as possible into a mould. Press down very firmly packing the mixture well. Do not add more mixture to the mold after firmly packing it, as it will not create a cohesive bath bomb.
- 4. Let the bath bomb air dry for 1-2 days.
- Essential Oil Idea:
- Use Lavender essential oil as well as 1⁄2 tsp (2mL) of dried lavender blossoms. Add the lavender blossoms when mixing the baking soda and cornstarch together.