Bean Sprouts & Tomatoes
- 2 cups bean sprouts 500 mL
- 1 cup cherry tomato halves 250 mL
- 1/2 cup English cucumber, halved lengthwise then thinly sliced 125 mL
- 1/4 cup flat leaf parsley, chopped 60 mL
- 2 Tbsp canola oil 30 mL
- 1 Tbsp red wine vinegar 15 mL
- 1/4 tsp pepper 1 mL
- 1/4 tsp dried basil 1 mL
- 1/4 tsp paprika 1 mL
- 1 large clove garlic, crushed
- 1. In large bowl, combine bean sprouts, tomato, cucumber and parsley. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- 2. In small bowl, whisk together canola oil, vinegar, pepper, basil and paprika. Add crushed garlic. Before serving, pour dressing over salad; mix lightly.
1/2 cup (125 mL)
|Total Fat||7 g|
|Saturated Fat||0.5 g|
Chickpea Salad with Seared Sirloin
This addictive salad’s texture and flavor will make your mouth sing. It’s a great way to use up leftover steak or grilled vegetables. Plan ahead and make a double batch of cauliflower so you can add it to other salads or enjoy it on its own as a side dish. Canola oil’s neutral taste lets the vinaigrette’s lime flavors shine.
Artichoke and Spinach Rotini Salad with Tuna
This is an interesting alternative to traditional pasta salad with a ton of great vegetables and flavors to satisfy any palate.