- 1 cup white onion, chopped 250 mL
- 1 Tbsp canola oil 15 mL
- 5 cups carrot, peeled and cut in cubes 750 g
- 1 Tbsp fresh grated ginger 15 mL
- 2 tsp coriander seeds 10 mL
- 4 cups vegetable stock 1 L
- 1 tsp salt 5 mL
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper 2 mL
- 1. In a saucepan cook onions with canola oil until they are soft.
- 2. Add carrots, ginger and coriander seeds and cook for 2 minutes, stirring often. Add vegetable stock and simmer over low heat
- 3. Cover saucepan and cook for about 25 minutes or until the carrots are very soft.
- 4. Puree soup using an immersion blender. Season with salt and pepper.
1 1/4 cup (310 mL)
|Total Fat||4 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
Butternut Squash and Apple Soup with Wild Rice and Toasted Almonds
This tasty, autumn-inspired soup will make you look forward to the end of summer.
Caramelized Onion and Garlic Soup
This delicious soup is the essence of comfort food: caramelized onions and garlic topped with toasted bread and melted cheese. Roasting the garlic first as the onions caramelize gives it a head start. Canola oil’s neutral taste won’t interfere with these heady aromatics.