Chile Con Queso (Cheese & Green Chili Dip)
- 2 Tbsp canola oil 30 mL
- 2 Tbsp all-purpose flour 30 mL
- 1 cup skim milk 250 mL
- 3 tomatoes, cut in half, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 tsp garlic, finely chopped 2 mL
- 4 1/2 oz canned green chilies (not jalapeno) drained, seeded, stemmed and finely chopped 127 mL
- 2 cups reduced fat Monterey Jack or Farmers Cheese, finely grated 500 mL
- 1. In heavy saucepan, heat canola oil over medium heat. Add flour and mix well. Stirring constantly with a wire whisk, pour in the milk in a slow, thin stream and cook until the sauce comes to a boil, thickens and is smooth. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 2 to 3 minutes to remove any taste of raw flour. Remove from heat.
- 2. In heavy skillet, combine tomatoes and garlic over medium heat, stirring frequently 10 to 12 minutes until thickened. Reduce heat to low; stir in cream sauce, chilies and cheese. Heat thoroughly without boiling.
3 cups (750 mL).
1 Tbsp (15 mL)
|Total Fat||0.5 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
A vibrant take on a Mediterranean classic, this unique hummus uses beets to add tangy taste and vivid color. Canola oil adds a smooth and light texture to this creamy dip.
This Argentinian salsa is a terrific partner for grilled fish and meat. Canola oil’s neutral taste lets the flavors of bold ingredients take charge.