Creamy Cooked Mayonnaise
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice 30 mL
- 2 Tbsp water 30 mL
- 1 tsp granulated sugar 5 mL
- 1 tsp mustard powder 5 mL
- 1/2 tsp salt 2 mL
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper 1 mL
- 1 cup canola oil 250 mL
- 1. In saucepan, whisk egg yolks, lemon juice, water, sugar, mustard, salt and pepper until smooth. Over very low heat, cook, stirring constantly, until mixture bubbles in 1 or 2 places. Remove from heat immediately and set aside to cool for 5 minutes.
- 2. Add mixture to blender or food processor. Cover with lid and turn to high speed. Slowly add canola oil in a thin stream through opening in lid. If oil is added too quickly, mayonnaise may separate. Process until mayonnaise is thick and smooth. Scrape down sides with spatula as required. Refrigerate immediately. Use within one week.
- Tip: To make sun-dried tomato mayonnaise, add 1/2 cup (125 mL) chopped sun-dried tomatoes, 1 tsp (5 mL) minced garlic and 1 tsp (5 mL) toasted, ground fennel.
1 1/2 cups (375 mL)
1 Tbsp (15 mL)
|Total Fat||10 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
Argentine Chimichurri Marinade and Sauce
In Argentina, chimichurri sauce is a national obsession, and once you try it you'll see why.
Canola Oil Mayonnaise
This classic recipe was developed at The Culinary Institute of America by Chef-Instructor Brenda La Noue. Canola oil’s neutral flavor and light texture is perfect for homemade mayonnaise. See Chef Almir Da Fonseca prepare the recipe in the video below.