Crustless Apple and Roasted Fennel Quiche
- 3 cups diced fresh fennel (use both the white and green parts) 750 mL
- 2 Tbsp canola oil, divided, plus extra to oil the quiche pan 30 mL
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper, divided 1 mL
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 eggs
- 6 egg whites
- 1 cup skim milk 250 mL
- 1 apple, unpeeled, coarsely grated
- 1/2 cup grated low-fat Swiss cheese 125 mL
- 1. Preheat oven to 400ᵒF (200ᵒC). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- 2. Toss diced fennel in 1 Tbsp (15 mL) of the canola oil and season with pepper. Place on baking sheet and roast for about 25 minutes.
- 3. In saucepan, heat the remaining 1 Tbsp (15 mL) of canola oil. Sauté onion for about 5–6 minutes. Remove from heat.
- 4. In large bowl, whisk eggs and egg whites. Add milk and continue to whisk. Add 1/8 tsp (0.5 mL) pepper.
- 5. Add roasted fennel, onions, grated apple, and cheese to eggs and stir to combine. Transfer to an oiled 9-in. (22-cm) round, deep-dish pie pan or quiche pan and bake for 35–40 minutes or until set.
|Total Fat||12 g|
|Saturated Fat||2.5 g|
Fresh Spinach and Sweet Tomato Omelette with Feta
Omelettes are one of the easiest dishes to prepare and one of the most fun to fill. Canola oil’s light taste helps all the fresh flavors here shine.
Kids will love this healthy, fun dish to start the day. It is high in protein and filled with Mexican flavors.