Cuban Inspired Sandwiches with Sun Dried Tomato Canola Mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomato canola mayonnaise
- 8 crusty rolls
- 1 lb roast pork loin, sliced thin
- 1/4 lb serrano ham, sliced paper thin
- 1/4 lb Gruyère cheese
- 2 cups sauerkraut
- 2 Tbsp canola oil
- clean brick, wrapped in foil
- 1. Preheat a stove top griddle over medium-high heat.
- 2. Spread the mayonnaise all over the rolls and place the pork, ham, cheese and sauerkraut on the bottoms. Press the sandwiches together.
- 3. Put about 1 tablespoon of canola oil on the hot griddle and spread to coat. Put 1 sandwich at a time on the griddle, and top with the brick. Toast sandwiches on the griddle, turning once, until golden, hot, and cheese is melted, 2 or 3 minutes per side.
|Total Fat||23 g|
|Saturated Fat||5 g|
Crab Cakes with Warm Black Truffle Vinaigrette
Recipe developed at The Culinary Institute of America (CIA) by Chef Instructor Brenda La Noue. See Chef Almir Da Fonseca prepare the recipe in the video below.
Canola Oil Mayonnaise
This classic recipe was developed at The Culinary Institute of America by Chef-Instructor Brenda La Noue. Canola oil’s neutral flavor and light texture is perfect for homemade mayonnaise. See Chef Almir Da Fonseca prepare the recipe in the video below.