Cuban Inspired Sandwiches with Sun Dried Tomato Canola Mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomato canola mayonnaise
- 8 crusty rolls
- 1 lb roast pork loin, sliced thin
- 1/4 lb serrano ham, sliced paper thin
- 1/4 lb Gruyère cheese
- 2 cups sauerkraut
- 2 Tbsp canola oil
- clean brick, wrapped in foil
- 1. Preheat a stove top griddle over medium-high heat.
- 2. Spread the mayonnaise all over the rolls and place the pork, ham, cheese and sauerkraut on the bottoms. Press the sandwiches together.
- 3. Put about 1 tablespoon of canola oil on the hot griddle and spread to coat. Put 1 sandwich at a time on the griddle, and top with the brick. Toast sandwiches on the griddle, turning once, until golden, hot, and cheese is melted, 2 or 3 minutes per side.
|Total Fat||23 g|
|Saturated Fat||5 g|
Grilled Portobello Loaf with Basil Hummus
Toasted bread envelops mushrooms and protein-packed hummus in this unique, vegetarian sandwich.
Creamy Cooked Mayonnaise
Add this delicious mayonnaise to a sandwich of your choice for an extra dash of flavor. With its mild taste and light texture, canola oil is the ideal base for this classic condiment.