Couscous, Watermelon and Gorgonzola Salad
- 3/4 cup water 175 mL
- 1 tsp canola oil 5 mL
- 3/4 cup uncooked whole wheat couscous 175 mL
- 3 cups cubed watermelon 750 mL
- 3 cups chopped cucumber 750 mL
- 1 cup crumbled Gorgonzola 250 mL
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard 15 mL
- 2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar 30 mL
- 3 Tbsp canola oil 45 mL
- 1 tsp ground pepper 5 mL
- 1. In medium saucepan, bring water and 1 tsp (5 mL) canola oil to boil over high heat. Stir in couscous, cover tightly and remove from heat. Let stand 5 minutes or until tender. Fluff with fork and set aside to cool completely.
- 2. In large bowl, add watermelon, cucumber and Gorgonzola to couscous. Stir to blend.
- 3. In small bowl, whisk mustard and balsamic vinegar. In steady stream, drizzle 3 Tbsp (45 mL) canola oil. Continue to whisk until mixture emulsifies. Toss into salad to lightly coat. Top with ground pepper.
1/2 cup (125 mL)
|Total Fat||7 g|
|Saturated Fat||2.5 g|
Roasted Beet and Tomato Salad
This bright red salad is perfect for a picnic or luncheon. It’s so flavorful with fresh herbs and canola oil’s neutral taste lets those flavors shine.
Three Citrus Mint Dressing on Seasonal Fresh Fruits
This light and zesty dressing enhances fresh seasonal fruit like a mint pesto. The canola oil only enhances the mint without distracting from its flavor.