Three Citrus Mint Dressing on Seasonal Fresh Fruits
- 8 cups sliced fresh seasonal fruits (melon and berries) 2L
- 1/2 cup canola oil 125 mL
- 1/3 cup mint leaves, chopped fine 75 mL
- 2 Tbsp fresh orange juice 30 mL
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice 30 mL
- 2 Tbsp fresh lime juice 30 mL
- 2 tsp poppy seeds 10 mL
- 1. In large bowl, combine fruit. Set aside.
- 2. In small saucepan, heat oil on low to about 120 °F (50 °C) or until just heated. Turn off flame and add chopped mint. (It may sizzle.) Let sit to infuse for 1 hour and to cool down.
- 3. In food processor bowl fitted with metal blade, process orange, lemon and lime juice. Add canola oil/mint mixture and process until fine, about 45 seconds. Toss over fruit with poppy seeds. Stir to evenly coat. Serve.
- Preparation time: 20 minutes
- Cook time: 1 minutes
- Total time: 80 minutes
- This recipe has been certified by the American Heart Association®
1/2 cup (125 mL)
|Total Fat||7 g|
|Saturated Fat||0.5 g|
Cucumber and Black Bean Salsa Salad
Fresh cucumber, tomatoes, bell pepper and cilantro combined with black beans creates a terrific salad.
Broccoli Black Bean Salad
Every pantry should have a few cans of black beans on hand to use in quick salads like this one! Canola oil keeps this healthy dish low in saturated fat.