Black Bean Brownies
- canola oil cooking spray
- 1 can (15.5 oz/460 mL) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup canola oil 60 mL
- 2/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips 150 mL, divided
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup cocoa 75 mL
- 3/4 cup brown sugar 175 mL
- 1 tsp baking powder 4 mL
- 1 tsp vanilla 4 mL
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 °F (180 °C). Spray 8" x 8" (20 x 20 cm) baking dish with canola oil cooking spray.
- 2. In blender or food processor, place beans, canola oil and 1/3 cup (75 mL) chocolate chips and blend well.
- 3. Add eggs, cocoa, brown sugar, baking powder and vanilla to mixture and blend until smooth.
- 4. Transfer mixture to baking dish and sprinkle remaining chocolate chips on top.
- 5. Bake 20-25 minutes or until inserted toothpick comes out clean. Store in refrigerator.
|Total Fat||8 g|
|Saturated Fat||2 g|
Banana Oatmeal Cookies
Classic oatmeal cookies get an update with sweet bananas and heart-healthy canola oil. Both ingredients add a creamy texture while keeping saturated fat to a minimum.
A vibrant take on a Mediterranean classic, this unique hummus uses beets to add tangy taste and vivid color. Canola oil adds a smooth and light texture to this creamy dip.