Chicken Thighs With Honeyed Apples and Fresh Sage
- 3 lbs boneless, skinless, chicken thighs 1.5g
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 Tbsp canola oil 45 mL
- 3 Tbsp honey 45 mL
- 2 apples, peeled, cored and cut into 1/2 inch (1 cm) thick wedges
- 1/2 cup chopped shallots 125 mL
- 1/4 cup chicken broth 60 mL
- 1/2 cup apple cider 125 mL
- 2 sprigs fresh sage
- 1. Sprinkle chicken thighs with salt and pepper. Heat canola oil, in large frying pan, over medium heat. Cook chicken about 8 to 10 minutes, turning over once. Transfer chicken to a plate.
- 2. Add honey, apples and shallots to the pan and cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until apples are browned, about 5 minutes. Add broth, cider, sage and de-glaze the pan by boiling and scraping up any brown bits, for 1 minute. Return chicken to the pan. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, until chicken is cooked through about 15 minutes.
- 3. Remove chicken thighs and keep warm. Boil sauce for a few minutes until sauce is slightly reduced. Place chicken pieces on platter, garnish with fresh sage. Pour sauce into serving dish and pass with chicken.
|Total Fat||17 g|
|Saturated Fat||3.5 g|
Cajun Garlic Chicken Thighs
Now this is definitely a slow-simmered skillet of comfort! Tender pieces of chicken are smothered in a rich, brown, garlicky onion sauce. Youll want to double this recipe and keep some in the freezer to pull out after one of those hectic days!
Broiled Chicken Wings With Two Sauces
Broiled chicken wings served with two sauces are sure to satisfy everyone's taste buds.