Fast and Fabulous Bean Salad
- 1 can (14 oz./398 mL) green beans
- 1 can (14 oz./398 mL) yellow beans
- 1 can (19 oz./540 mL) black beans
- 1 can (12 oz./341 mL) corn
- 1 white onion, sliced into rings
- 1 green pepper, seeded and sliced into rings
- Tarragon Vinaigrette
- 1/2 cup canola oil 125 mL
- 1/2 cup white vinegar 125 mL
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar 60 mL
- 1 tsp dry mustard 5 mL
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tsp dried tarragon 5 mL
- 1 tsp dried basil, crumbled 5 mL
- 1. Strain and rinse green beans, yellow beans, black beans and corn. Mix in a large bowl.
- 2. To prepare vinaigrette: Whisk together canola oil, vinegar, sugar, mustard, garlic,tarragon, and basil. Pour onto bean mixture prior to serving. Garnish with onion and greenpepper rings.
1/2 cup (125 mL)
|Total Fat||10 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
Sweet and Sour Bean Salad
Traditional bean salad takes on a new flavor and a nutritional boost with edamame and canola oil! The beans add fiber while canola oil adds healthy fats. Canola oil is low in saturated fat, trans fat free and high in monounsaturated fat.