Fresh Lemongrass Marinade
- 6 lemongrass stalks
- 3 Tbsp water 45 mL
- 3 Tbsp freshly squeezed lime juice 45 mL
- 1 garlic clove
- 3 Tbsp honey 45 mL
- 1 Tbsp low sodium soy sauce 15 mL
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes, or to taste 5 mL
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt, or to taste 1 mL
- 3 Tbsp canola oil 45 mL
- 1. Trim off root ends of lemongrass; remove all tough outer leaves. Cut off tender lower 4 to 6-inches (10 to 15 cm) of stalks, and chop. Discard tops. Puree chopped lemongrass and water in blender until smooth, about 2 minutes.
- 2. Add lime juice, garlic, honey, soy sauce, pepper flakes, salt and canola oil, and blend until smooth, about 1 minute more. Reserve 1/3 of marinade for basting.
- 3. Marinate beef, pork and chicken with remaining marinade overnight and shrimp or fish for 1 hour. Discard marinade after using. Grill over medium heat; baste with reserved marinade halfway through cooking time.
About 1 cup (250 mL)
2 tsp (10 mL)
|Total Fat||1.5 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
Japanese Sesame Slaw
This colourful salad offers tangy flavor and crunch. Much lighter than a classic coleslaw, pack it along on your next picnic or enjoy as an accompaniment to fish, chicken or grilled tofu kabobs.