- 1 Tbsp canola oil 15 mL
- 1 garlic clove
- 8 medium tomatillos, cut into 4 wedges
- 3 jalapeño chile peppers, seeds and veins removed, diced
- 1 cup cilantro 250 mL
- 1/2 tsp salt 2 mL
- 1. In skillet, heat canola oil over medium heat. Add garlic and tomatillos and sauté until tomatillos soften.
- 2. In food processor, process cooked tomatillos and garlic with jalapeños, cilantro and salt until chopped consistency is achieved. Cover and place in refrigerator to cool before serving.
- Tip: Control salsa heat by adjusting the number of jalapeño peppers. For more heat, include the veins of the jalapeño and for even more kick, its seeds.
4 cups (1 L)
2 Tbsp (30 mL)
|Total Fat||1 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
Black Bean Avocado Salsa with Home Baked Tortilla Chips
A heart-healthy snack for your next celebration!
This Argentinian salsa is a terrific partner for grilled fish and meat. Canola oil’s neutral taste lets the flavors of bold ingredients take charge.