Lettuce Wraps with Agave Chipotle Sauce
- 2 Tbsp canola oil 30 mL
- 1/3 cup chopped red onion 75 mL
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 lb ground pork 250 g
- 1 lb ground chicken 500 g
- 1/4 cup grated fresh ginger 60 mL
- 1 Tbsp chopped chives 15 mL
- 2 Tbsp tomato paste 30 mL
- 3 Tbsp low sodium soy sauce 45 mL
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper 2 mL
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil 2 mL
- Agave Chipotle Sauce
- 1/2 cup white or rice vinegar 125 mL
- 1/4 cup canola oil 60 mL
- 1/4 cup agave nectar 60 mL
- 1/4 cup carrot grated 60 mL
- 1/2 tsp chipotle chili pepper powder 2 mL
- 1 head Boston lettuce
- 1. In skillet, heat canola oil and sauté onion, garlic, pork and chicken until golden brown.
- 2. Add ginger, chives and tomato paste. Season with soy sauce, black pepper and sesame oil. Mix well.
- 3. For sauce: Combine vinegar, canola oil and agave nectar. Add carrots and chili powder. Whisk to combine.
- 4. Serve with lettuce leaves and allow each guest to make own wrap. To make, place 2 Tbsp (30 mL) meat mixture in middle of lettuce leaf. Drizzle with 1 tsp (5 mL) of Agave Chipotle Sauce. Fold lettuce leaf around mixture and eat.
25 servings as an appetizer
2 Tbsp (30 mL) meat with 1 tsp (5 mL) sauce in a lettuce leaf.
|Total Fat||7 g|
|Saturated Fat||1.5 g|
Artichoke and Spinach Rotini Salad with Tuna
This is an interesting alternative to traditional pasta salad with a ton of great vegetables and flavors to satisfy any palate.