Mocha Spice Chocolate Cookies
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour 375 mL
- 1/2 tsp baking soda 2 mL
- 1/4 tsp sea salt 1 mL
- 1/2 tsp cocoa chili spice 2 mL
- 1 tsp instant espresso powder 5 mL
- 1/2 cup canola oil 125 mL
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar 175 mL
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract 5 mL
- 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips 375 mL
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 °F (180 °C). Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
- 2. In medium bowl, whisk together flour, soda salt and cocoa chili spice. Set aside.
- 3. In large bowl, dissolve espresso powder into canola oil. Whisking vigorously, add brown sugar, egg and vanilla. Fold flour mixture mixing well. Fold in chocolate chips.
- 4. Using an ice cream scoop, scoop dough onto prepared baking sheets.
- 5. Bake until firm to touch, about 9 to 12 minutes. Cool on pan for 20 minutes; remove to rack to cool completely.
- Note: Cocoa chili powder is found in most spice sections. You can substitute 1/4 tsp of cayenne pepper and 1/4 tsp cocoa powder.
|Total Fat||8 g|
|Saturated Fat||2.5 g|
Almond Cherry Biscotti with Citrus
Italian for "biscuit," biscotti are twice baked for extra crispiness.
Banana Oatmeal Cookies
Classic oatmeal cookies get an update with sweet bananas and heart-healthy canola oil. Both ingredients add a creamy texture while keeping saturated fat to a minimum.