Paint the Town Red Salad
- 1 head red leaf lettuce, rinsed, patted dry
- 1 head radicchio lettuce OR
- 1 cup finely shredded red cabbage 250 mL
- 1 cup raspberries in light syrup, drained 250 mL
- 1/2 small red onion, cut into thin rings
- 3 Tbsp juice from raspberry 45 mL
- 2 Tbsp canola oil 30 mL
- 2 Tbsp raspberry vinegar 30 mL
- 1 tsp granulated sugar 5 mL
- 1. In a large bowl, tear lettuce and radicchio into bite-sized pieces. Toss inraspberries and onion. Drizzle vinaigrette over salad and toss.
- 2. To prepare vinaigrette: combine raspberry juice, canola oil, vinegar and sugar in acontainer with a tight fitting lid. Shake until sugar dissolves. Serve immediately.
|Total Fat||5 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
Greek Lentil Salad
This salad is perfect for get-togethers. The lentils add a delicious twist to your everyday Greek salad.
Grilled Corn and Tomato Salad
This is a light and summery dish that shows off corn and tomatoes at their best. Canola helps keep saturated fat to a minimum.