Pork Medallions with Apples
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder 1 mL
- 1/2 tsp poultry seasoning 2 mL
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg .5 mL
- 6-7 oz pork tenderloin, cut into 1/2-inch (1.25 cm) slices 170-200 g
- 1-2 tsp green peppercorns, crushed 5-10 mL
- 1 tsp canola oil 5 mL
- 1/2 green apple, unpeeled
- 1/2 Tbsp canola oil 7 mL
- 1 tsp cornstarch 5 mL
- 1/2 cup apple juice 125 mL
- 1. In a small bowl, combine garlic powder poultry seasoning and nutmeg. Sprinkle on pork. Press peppercorns lightly into meat slices.
- 2. In a wok or large skillet heat 1 tsp (5 mL) of canola oil. Meanwhile, core apple and cut into thin slices. Saute apple slices in canola oil, about 3 minutes. Remove from wok. Add 1/2 Tbsp (7 mL) canola oil and pork slices to wok and brown, about 2 minutes per side. Remove from wok.
- 3. In another bowl, combine cornstarch and apple juice; add to wok. Heat until thickened. Add pork slices, cover and simmer about 8 to 10 minutes.
- 4. To serve, place pork slices on a serving plate. Top with apple slices and a few green peppercorns; spoon sauce over all.
|Total Fat||8 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
Caribbean Grilled Pork with Tropical Salsa
This tangy, sunny dish will help you feel that summer is just around the corner.
Crispy Pork Lettuce Wraps
Lettuce wraps are perfect for get-togethers; guests serve themselves, filling lettuce leaves with pork mixture and garnishes to wrap and eat. No knife and fork required! Here, canola oil’s high heat tolerance is ideal for sautéing and its neutral taste lets aromatics such as garlic and ginger bloom.