Crispy Pork Lettuce Wraps
- 1 Tbsp canola oil 15 mL
- 1 lb lean ground pork 400 g
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 2 tsp grated fresh ginger 10 mL
- 1 red pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 2 Tbsp chopped cilantro stems 30 mL
- 1/3 cup hoisin sauce 75 mL
- 1/3 cup chopped salted peanuts, for garnish 75 mL
- 1/4 cup torn or chopped cilantro leaves, for garnish 60 mL
- 1 head butter, leaf or Romaine lettuce, separated into leaves
- 1. Set large, heavy skillet over medium-high heat and add canola oil. Cook pork, breaking meat apart with spoon until no longer pink. Continue to cook until meat starts to turn crispy and golden.
- 2. Add garlic and ginger and cook another minute, then add red pepper, green onions and cilantro stems and cook 3-4 minutes until vegetables are soft. Add hoisin sauce and stir to heat through.
- 3. Serve pork mixture alongside small bowls of peanuts, cilantro and lettuce leaves. Instruct guests to spoon some pork into their leaf, top with peanuts and cilantro, wrap and eat.
2/3 cup (150 mL)
|Total Fat||23 g|
|Saturated Fat||7 g|
Lettuce Wraps with Agave Chipotle Sauce
This easy and flavorful starter combines Asian and Latin ingredients for a dish with unique flair. Canola oil’s high smoke point makes it ideal for sautéing the filling, while its mild taste lets the smoky heat of the sauce pop.
Crunchy Turkey Lentil Lettuce Wraps
Using dark green lettuce in place of the traditional iceberg gives these lettuce wraps a more vibrant color and makes them more nutrient-dense.