Pork Tenderloin, Potatoes and Horseradish Mustard Seed Sauce
- 1 Tbsp canola oil 15 mL
- 1 lb pork tenderloin 500 g
- 1 tsp salt-free seasoning, such as steak seasoning blend 5 mL
- 1/4 tsp salt 1 mL
- 5 new potatoes (about 1 lb total), quartered 5
- 1/3 cup fat-free sour cream 75 mL
- 2 Tbsp canola mayonnaise 30 mL
- 1 Tbsp water 15 mL
- 2 tsp prepared horseradish 10 mL
- 2 tsp coarse-grain Dijon mustard 10 mL
- 1/4 tsp salt 1 mL
- 1. Preheat oven to 425F (220). Cover baking sheet with foil.
- 2. Heat canola oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Sprinkle pork tenderloin with seasoning blend and 1/4 tsp (1 mL) salt. Cook 3 minutes, turn, and cook 2 more minutes. Place pork on the prepared baking sheet.
- 3. Add potatoes to skillet, and sprinkle with paprika. Toss to coat, preferably with a heat resistant rubber spatula, and cook for 1 minute. Place potatoes around pork, and roast for 18-20 minutes or until a meat thermometer inserted into thickest part of meat registers 160F (325C).
- 4. Meanwhile, combine sour cream, canola mayonnaise, water, horseradish, and Dijon mustard in a small bowl.
- 5. Place pork on the cutting board and let stand 5 minutes before slicing. Pull sides of foil up around potatoes, seal foil, and let stand. Slice pork and place on a serving platter. Sprinkle remaining 1/4 tsp (1 mL) salt over potatoes, and place potatoes around pork with any accumulated juices. Serve with sour cream mixture.
- Flavorful Tip: Tossing the cut potatoes in paprika and the pan residue adds a rich brown, glistening color to the potatoes.
about 5 slices (3 ounces) pork, 5 potato wedges, and 2 Tbsp (30 mL) sauce
|Total Fat||9 g|
|Saturated Fat||1.3 g|
Garlic Rosemary Pork Tenderloin with Fruit Compote Over Greens
Canola oil infused with lemon and rosemary offers a touch of herb flavoring to both the fruit compote and pork tenderloin. Greens mixed with Brussels sprout leaves are heightened by a splash of grapefruit juice and fennel seeds to convert any said hater of this misunderstood sprout.
Grilled Lemongrass Pork Tenderloin
Lemongrass is an amazing aromatic herb that tastes of fresh lemon and limes.