- 1 cup all-purpose flour 250 mL
- 1 cup whole wheat flour 250 mL
- 2 Tbsp baking powder 30 mL
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar 75 mL
- 1/3 cup brown sugar 75 mL
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon 2 mL
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves 2 mL
- 1 tsp ground ginger 5 mL
- 1/2 tsp salt 2 mL
- 3 eggs, separated
- 2 cups canned pumpkin purée 500 mL
- 1/4 cup canola oil 60 mL
- 1 cup milk 250 mL
- 1 tsp vanilla extract 5 mL
- 8 oz cream cheese at room temperature 250 mL
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar 125 mL
- 2 tsp vanilla extract 10 mL
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°F (200 °C). Line muffin tin with paper cups.
- 2. In large bowl, combine flours, baking powder, sugars, cinnamon, clove, ginger and salt. Set aside.
- 3. In mixing bowl, beat egg whites until they form peaks, about 3 minutes. Transfer egg whites to another bowl.
- 4. To mixing bowl, add pumpkin purée, canola oil, milk, vanilla and yolks. Beat until smooth. Then add flour mixture and mix until just combined. Fold in egg whites.
- 5. Fill each muffin cup to 2/3 full. Bake for about 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in middle of cupcake comes out clean. Let cool.
- 6. In bowl, mix all icing ingredients until smooth. When cupcakes are cool, top with icing.
1 cupcake with 2 tsp (10 mL) icing
|Total Fat||7 g|
|Saturated Fat||3 g|
Mini Peppermint Cupcakes
Ring in the season with peppermint-topped, chocolate cupcakes. Canola oil makes the cupcakes light and fluffy. These bite-sized, mouth-watering treats will get your guests in the mood to celebrate the holidays in style!
Raspberry Cream Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting
Canola oil is perfect for baking with its light texture, neutral flavor and high heat tolerance. Add fresh raspberries and cream cheese frosting to classic vanilla cupcakes for yummy results.