Rainbow Salad with Thai Dressing
- 3 cups thinly sliced carrots (julienne or matchstick size) 750 mL
- 3 cups thinly sliced red peppers (julienne or matchstick size) 750 mL
- 1 cup thinly sliced green onions, white and green parts 250 mL
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh basil 125 mL
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro 125 mL
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh mint 125 mL
- 3 Tbsp fresh lime juice 45 mL
- 1 Tbsp low-sodium soy sauce 15 mL
- 1 Tbsp honey 15 mL
- 1 Tbsp rice wine vinegar 15 mL
- 1 1/2 tsp mirin 7 mL
- 1 1/2 Tbsp finely minced ginger 20 mL
- 2 Tbsp canola oil 30 mL
- 2 Tbsp water 30 mL
- 1/2 tsp toasted sesame oil 2 mL
- 1. In large bowl, combine carrots, peppers, green onions, basil, cilantro and mint and toss to combine.
- 2. In small bowl, combine lime juice, soy sauce, honey, vinegar, mirin, ginger, canola oil, water and sesame oil.
- 3. Pour dressing over salad and toss to combine before serving.
1/2 cup (125 mL)
|Total Fat||4 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
Asian Sweet and Sour Bean Salad
Traditional bean salad takes on a new flavor and a nutritional boost with edamame soybeans and canola oil! The beans add fiber while canola oil adds healthy fats. Canola oil is low in saturated fat, trans fat free and high in monounsaturated fat.