Roasted Winter Veggies and Tri-Colored Potatoes
- 1 1/2 lbs tri-color potatoes, quartered 750 g 9about 5 cups/1.25L)
- 1 lb Brussels sprouts, cut in half 500 g (anout 4 cups/1L)
- 1 large red bell pepper, coarsely chopped (about 3/4 cup/175 mL)
- 1 medium red onion, coarsely chopped (about 1 cup/250 mL)
- 2 medium zucchini, cut lengthwise and sliced (about 3/4 cup/175 mL)
- 2 medium carrots, sliced (about 3/4 cup/175 mL)
- 1/4 cup chopped rosemary 60 mL
- 1/3 cup canola oil 75 mL
- 1 tsp garlic powder 5 mL
- 1. Preheat oven to 400 ˚F (200 ˚C).
- 2. In large roasting pan, place vegetables. Add rosemary, canola oil, garlic powder and stir to combine.
- 3. Cook about 40 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Preparation time: 20 minutes
- Cook time: 40 minutes
- Total time: 60 minutes
10 cups (2.5 L)
1 cup (250 mL)
|Total Fat||8 g|
|Saturated Fat||0.5 g|
With its nutrient-packed wild rice, bell peppers, walnuts, and raisins, this dish offers a range of health benefits and a rainbow of colours. The visual appeal and Latin tastes of will impress your friends and family when served at your next holiday fiesta.
Green Bean Saltado
A healthy twist on the Peruvian classic lomo saltado, this recipe showcases green beans, which are popular during the holidays. Green beans have high levels of carotenoids and canola oil helps keep the dish’s saturated fat content to a minimum compared to typical holiday sides.
Quinoa Salad with Aji Amarillo Dressing
Quinoa is a staple in Peru and with good reason. It is one of the few seeds that has an exceptional balance between fiber, protein and fat. Mixed with aji amarillo, lime juice and cilantro, this zesty salad will add a burst of flavor as well as an abundance of nutrients. Canola oil’s mild flavor keeps those tastes clean and bright.