Roasted Winter Veggies and Tri-Colored Potatoes
- 1 1/2 lbs tri-color potatoes, quartered 750 g 9about 5 cups/1.25L)
- 1 lb Brussels sprouts, cut in half 500 g (anout 4 cups/1L)
- 1 large red bell pepper, coarsely chopped (about 3/4 cup/175 mL)
- 1 medium red onion, coarsely chopped (about 1 cup/250 mL)
- 2 medium zucchini, cut lengthwise and sliced (about 3/4 cup/175 mL)
- 2 medium carrots, sliced (about 3/4 cup/175 mL)
- 1/4 cup chopped rosemary 60 mL
- 1/3 cup canola oil 75 mL
- 1 tsp garlic powder 5 mL
- 1. Preheat oven to 400 ˚F (200 ˚C).
- 2. In large roasting pan, place vegetables. Add rosemary, canola oil, garlic powder and stir to combine.
- 3. Cook about 40 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Preparation time: 20 minutes
- Cook time: 40 minutes
- Total time: 60 minutes
- This recipe has been certified by the American Heart Association®
10 cups (2.5 L)
1 cup (250 mL)
|Total Fat||8 g|
|Saturated Fat||0.5 g|
Wild Rice and Mushroom Pilaf
Health professionals recommend increasing the intake of omega 3 fatty acids from foods such as salmon, trout, walnuts and canola oil.
With its nutrient-packed wild rice, bell peppers, walnuts, and raisins, this dish offers a range of health benefits and a rainbow of colours. The visual appeal and Latin tastes of will impress your friends and family when served at your next holiday fiesta.