Rustic Hearty Crackers
- 1 1/2 cup semolina flour 375 mL
- 1 1/2 cup whole-wheat pastry flour 375 mL
- 1 tsp coarse salt 5 mL
- 1 cup warm water 250 mL
- 1/3 cup canola oil 75 mL
- 2 Tbsp canola oil 30 mL
- 1/4 cup coarse salt, sesame seeds, poppy seeds, Parmesan cheese 60 mL
- 1. In mixing bowl, fitted with paddle attachment on medium speed, combine semolina flour, whole-wheat pastry flour, and salt. With mixer on, pour water and first amount of canola oil until it forms soft dough, about 5 minutes.
- 2. Place in bowl, cover with towel. Set on counter for one hour to rest.
- 3. Preheat oven 450 °F (230 °C). Prepare two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- 4. Taking 1/4 of the dough, place on floured surface. Roll out to about the thickness of a pie crust (about 1/4-inch [.05 cm]).
- 5. Using a cookie cutter, cut dough into desired shape. Take a fork and prick top of cut pieces. Brush with a light coating of canola oil, sprinkle with desired salt, seeds or Parmesan cheese. Continue to roll out dough until all is used.
- 6. Place cut pieces on prepared baking sheet, separating by 1/2 inch (1 cm). Bake in preheated oven until light brown, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- 7. Keep cookies on pan to cool completely. As they dry, they become crisper.
24 to 36 crackers
Per Serving (Plain)
|Total Fat||3 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
A vibrant take on a Mediterranean classic, this unique hummus uses beets to add tangy taste and vivid color. Canola oil adds a smooth and light texture to this creamy dip.