Skillet-Roasted Apples and Pecans
- 1 1/2 Tbsp canola oil 20 mL
- 4 cups sliced apple, such as Honey Crisp 1 L
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans 125 mL
- 1 Tbsp granulated sugar 15 mL
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon 5 mL
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg 1 mL
- 1/8 tsp salt .5 mL
- 1 tsp vanilla 5 mL
- 1. In a large nonstick skillet, combine apples and canola oil. Toss until well coated.
- 2. Spread apples over bottom of skillet and cook over medium heat for 5 minutes; do NOT stir.
- 3. Stir in pecans and cook 4 minutes or until apples are lightly browned and tender-crisp, stirring frequently.
- 4. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt.
- 5. Remove apples from heat, stir in sugar mixture and vanilla, cover and let stand 5 minutes to absorb flavors and release juice.
3/4 cup (175 mL)
|Total Fat||15 g|
|Saturated Fat||1.5 g|
Whole Grain Apple Oven Pancake
This mouthwatering recipe makes serving pancakes to a crowd a cinch. The batter is simply poured in a skillet and baked into one big, golden brown, apple-filled pancake, eliminating the need to stand over a hot stove flipping flapjacks. Using canola oil, whole-grain flour and unpeeled apple gives you the best in taste and health.