Spicy Turmeric Chicken
- 2 Tbsp canola oil 30 mL
- 1 1/2 Tbsp granulated sugar or honey 20 mL
- 1 Tbsp prepared mustard 15 mL
- 2 tsp ground cumin 10 mL
- 1 tsp ground turmeric 5 mL
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper 1 mL
- 1/4 tsp salt 1 mL
- 4 (4-oz./120 g) boneless, skinless chicken breast, flattened to 1/4-inch (0.6 cm) thickness
- 1 lime, quartered
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- 1. In a small bowl, whisk together canola oil, sugar, cumin, turmeric, mustard, cayenne and salt.
- 2. Heat a grill or grill pan coated with canola oil cooking spray over medium-high heat. Cook chicken 2 minutes; turn and baste with a portion of the sauce and cook 6 minutes or until no longer pink in center, turning and basting frequently.
- 3. Place on serving platter, squeeze lime juice over all, sprinkle evenly with green onion.
3 oz. (90 g) cooked chicken
|Total Fat||10 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|