Super-greens Caesar Salad with Roasted Chicken
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice 30 mL
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce 5 mL
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard 5 mL
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper 1 mL
- 1/4 cup canola oil 60 mL
- 3 Tbsp Parmesan cheese, grated, divided 45 mL
- 4 cups baby kale leaves 1 L
- 4 cups baby spinach leaves 1 L
- 4 cups chopped romaine lettuce 1 L
- 3 (4oz./125 g) roasted, skinless chicken breasts, sliced
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped toasted almonds 125 mL
- 1. Make dressing: In a small glass jar with a lid, combine garlic, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, Dijon mustard, and pepper. Shake well to combine. Add canola oil and 1 Tbsp (15 mL) of the Parmesan cheese and shake well to blend.
- 2. In large bowl, place kale, spinach, and romaine lettuce and toss well.
- 3. Drizzle dressing over salad and toss well.
- 4. Serve salad garnished with sliced chicken and remaining Parmesan cheese.
2 cups (500 mL) of salad with dressing and half a chicken breast
|Total Fat||15 g|
|Saturated Fat||2 g|
Kale Salad with Hazelnut Balsamic Vinaigrette
This refreshing salad is packed with flavor and nutrition. Kale is nutrient dense and canola oil is a good source of plant-based omega-3 fat and vitamin E.
Kale, Beet, and Chickpea Power Bowls
The “secret sauce” here is the amazing dressing! It also makes a great dip for grilled vegetables, prawns or chicken.