Taco-Flavored Popcorn with Canola Oil
- 3 Tbsp canola oil 45 mL
- 2/3 cup popping corn 150 mL
- 3 Tbsp dry taco seasoning mix 45 mL
- Taco Seasoning Mix:
- 1 Tbsp dried oregano 15 mL
- 1 Tbsp cumin 15 mL
- 1 Tbsp garlic powder 15 mL
- 1 Tbsp paprika 15 mL
- 1/2 Tbsp dried cilantro 7 mL
- 1/2 Tbsp dried onion powder 7 mL
- 1 tsp allspice 5 mL
- 1 tsp ground black pepper 5 mL
- 1/4 tsp cocoa powder 1 mL
- For the popcorn:
- 1. Pour canola oil into heavy pot, such as a cast iron dutch oven. Add 3 popcorn kernels.
- 2. Heat over high heat until kernels pop.
- 3. Add remaining popping corn and turn heat to medium. Cover with lid, leaving small space on one side to let steam escape.
- 4. Cook until popping slows down. Remove from heat and place popcorn in a large brown bag. Immediately, sprinkle popcorn with the taco seasoning mix. Close bag and shake. It is ready to eat.
- For the Seasoning:
- 1. Place all into a spice grinder and process for 10 seconds.
- 2. Store in a sealed container.
- 3. Use in the Taco-Flavored Popcorn with Canola Oil recipe. Or if using with air-popped popcorn place popcorn in a large brown bag. Spray popcorn with canola oil spray for about 10 seconds to coat the popcorn, close the bag and shake to coat the popcorn.
- Yield For the Seasoning: about 6 Tbsp (90 mL)
12 cups (3 L)
1 cup (250 mL)
|Total Fat||4 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
Sweet and Spicy Pecans
Take this tasty snack to your next party-it has a great salty and sweet flavor. Once your guests take one bite they will be back for more!
Crispy Chickpeas and Pumpkin Seeds with Lime
Fuel your next exercise bout or begin your post-exercise recovery with this tasty snack that is rich in fiber and a good source of protein. Canola oil's neutral taste lets the lively flavors of smoked paprika and lime step to the fore. This crunchy snack is great tossed into green salads or soups, too.