White Fish with Phyllo and Sesame Seeds
- 1 Tbsp fresh grated ginger root 15 mL
- 1 tsp garlic, minced 5 mL
- juice and zest of two limes
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil 15 mL
- 2 Tbsp canola oil 30 mL
- 1/2 tsp sea salt 2 mL
- 1/4 tsp pepper 1 mL
- 4 white fish filets
- 1 cup sesame seeds 250 mL
- 3 phyllo sheets
- 1. In a bowl mix together ginger, garlic, lime juice, lime zest, sesame oil, canola oil, sea salt and pepper. Add fish fillets and marinate for 1/2 hour in the refrigerator.
- 2. Place a sheet of phyllo on work area and brush with canola oil. Place another sheet of phyllo on top of first sheet and repeat with canola oil until it is three sheets thick. Cut sheets into four strips lengthwise.
- 3. Add sesame seeds to a plate. Place each filet on the plate of sesame seeds to coat only one side of the filet and then place one filet on each phyllo strip so that the phyllo is in the middle of each filet and roll it up somewhat tightly.
- 4. Bake in a 400 °F (200 °C) oven for 10-12 minutes or until phyllo is a deep golden brown. Serve with a sauteed bell pepper wild rice pilaf for color and enjoy.
|Total Fat||41 g|
|Saturated Fat||6 g|
Broiled Trout with Lemon Oil & Oven-Grilled Vegetables
The star of this recipe is delicious lemon canola oil, which should be a staple in any pantry. It may be used on fish, in salad dressings, on roasted vegetables and just about anywhere you would use canola oil. Here, it makes this simply prepared broiled trout with vegetables a tasty weekday meal.
This Argentinian salsa is a terrific partner for grilled fish and meat. Canola oil’s neutral taste lets the flavors of bold ingredients take charge.