Asian Noodle Salad
- 1/2 lb whole-grain linguine 250 g
- 1/2 cup chunky-style peanut butter 125 mL
- 1 Tbsp canola oil 15 mL
- 2 Tbsp sodium-reduced soy sauce 30 mL
- 1 Tbsp fresh ginger root 15 mL
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper .5 mL
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup sodium-reduced chicken stock, warmed 60 to 125 mL
- 1 medium red pepper, diced into 1 cm pieces
- 1 cup diced, cooked pork or chicken 250 mL
- 3 green onions or scallions, thinly sliced on the diagonal
- sesame seeds for garnish
- 1. To prepare noodles, bring 8 cups (2 L) of water to a boil in a large pot set over high heat. Stir in noodles and cook until al dente - slightly firm to the bite.
- 2. Drain the noodles in a colander under cold running water. Transfer the noodles to a medium-sized bowl and reserve until ready to use.
- 3. To make sauce: Combine peanut butter and canola oil; blend well. Whisk in the soy sauce, gingerroot, cayenne pepper, garlic and stock. Pour sauce over noodles.
- 4. Add red pepper and meat. Toss. Sprinkle with green onions and sesame seeds. Serve cold or at room temperature.
|Total Fat||8 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
Asian Orange Soy Marinated Salmon
This Asian-inspired marinade blends together traditional ingredients found in teriyaki sauce such as soy sauce, garlic and ginger, but adds orange juice and chili flakes for a twist. Canola oil showcases these ingredients beautifully while protecting the salmon on the grill.